Why I love Microsoft OneNote
1. It works well for a person on the go (mobile traveler or a Work-From-Home employee)
I can take it on my laptop, access lots of info while offline (perhaps on the plane or in a restaurant without WiFi), and then when I am connected to my network, it synchs up reliably and quickly, without drama.
2. It has quick and effective search tools
3. It works well for taking notes during a meeting.
You can easily flag things that need attention elsewhere later without losing your engagement from the meeting. I find it very annoying when others are taking notes and are so distracted by their program (Word, Excel, whatever) that they become disengaged from the conversation. Though you can still be distracted while using OneNote, I find it is the easiest program so far for taking notes and doing research during a meeting with the least amount of distraction penalty.
4. It has ways to easily organize large amounts of data (notebooks, section groups, sections, pages, sub-pages)
5. It runs on all my platforms (PC at work, PC at home, iPhone)
I especially enjoy being able to get o OneNote on my iPhone.